[mapserver-dev] Ticket 3559 - malloc/calloc/realloc return values should always be checked

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 7 11:19:45 EDT 2010

Pierre Mauduit wrote:
> in a FastCGI setup, your process is not even supposed to exit()

Pierre,

I would note that this is only true for fastcgi processors that are
incapable of restarting fastcgi subprocesses that die.  This is not
a problem with the widely used apache+mod_fastcgi.

I do *not* consider fastcgi a situation where an exit() is a particularly
bad way of dying when you have to die.