[mapserver-dev] Wrong computed Ex_GeographicBoundingBox in WMS GetCapabilities 1.3.0 (patch included)

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Thu Oct 21 12:06:06 EDT 2010

Hi list,

I'm running into the same problem than few years ago, though the problem
seemed to be solved. The computed LatLonBBOX of my Paris meridian layer
is wrong. The bug was first reported here :

but it still happens on my mapserver 5.6.5 box, using an EPSG:27562 layer.
Where cs2cs shows :
cs2cs +init=epsg:27562 +to +init=epsg:4326
775000 60800
4d34'35.812"E	45d31'30.616"N 42.195

GetCapabilities version 1.3.0 shows :
2.23998 45.5122

Fortunately, the LatLonBoundingBox exposed by WMS 1.1.1 GetCapabilities
is ok :
4.57662 45.5122

So I've tried a similar patch than the one used for ticket 2578 :
1183c1183,1187
<       msProjectRect(srcproj, NULL, &ext);
---
 >       projectionObj wgs84;
 >       msInitProjection(&wgs84);
 >       msLoadProjectionString(&wgs84, "+proj=lonlat +datum=WGS84");
 >       msProjectRect(srcproj, &wgs84, &ext);
 >       msFreeProjection(&wgs84);

and everything went back fine.

Best regards