[mapserver-dev] MapServer BOF or Code Sprint at FOSS4G?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Sep 1 10:58:05 EDT 2010

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've added my name to the code sprint...and I like that we're using this
> time for planning/discussions.
>
> Should we still plan on an informal BOF (like in Sydney)?  The BOF is a
> great way to chat face to face with some of the MapServer developers.

Not sure about a BOF, the problem is that there are too many at the same
time and we've always got tough choices to make. Since we already
planned a face to face meeting during the code sprint my pref would be
to stick to that, leaving us free for other BOFs.

With respect to users interacting with the MS team, I think we could
invite users to come to the MapServer project status report presentation
and make that the "meet the MapServer team" event. i.e. if all MS Devs
are present (I hope you'll all consider joining us) we could cut on
presentation time and make that a more interactive session. I don't
think we have much news to report this year anyway since we've only made
slow progress on 6.0.

Whadyathink?

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/