[mapserver-dev] Proposal to add built-in OpenLayers map viewer

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Fri Sep 24 14:51:08 EDT 2010

The beauty part of mode=openlayers is that mapserver doesn't even need
to ship code with it, it can just emit an HTML page that references
openlayers.org. Any framework that requires server-side components and
isn't cloud-hosted already is kind of out-of-luck. There could also be
a mode=googlemaps in combination with the tile mode or a mode=bingmaps

P.