[mapserver-dev] mapwmsclient.c

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 30 09:21:15 EDT 2010

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Today I have also modified the WMS layer to not actually write the result
> fetched from the remote server to disk.  Instead it is accumulated in a
> memory
> buffer, and then read from there.  This behavior can be disabled with the
> wms_cache_to_disk metadata item, but by default in MapServer 6.0 no
> temporary
> files will be written to disk for WMS layers.
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3555
>
> If anyone runs into problems with mapwmslayer.c, or elsewhere due to my
> changes please let me know.

Hi Frank,

This is a great addition!

I noticed that the new code uses GDAL VSI* calls to open the image in
memory, essentially adding a GDAL dependency on mapwmslayer.c which was
not there in 5.6. I'm okay with this dependency since GDAL was already
recommended in previous releases anyway in order to support reprojection
of cascaded requests, so I have updated the configure script to check
this dependency and the README.CONFIGURE to document it in r10548.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/