[mapserver-dev] Re: 6.0 backwards compatibility

Christy Nieman cnieman at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Apr 1 10:44:29 EDT 2011

I just wanted to put in my $0.02 on this.

I'm a little worried that removing parameters like these from the symbol
file will make large and complex mapfiles more difficult to manage without
some sort of named style inheritance (which I don't think exists yet?).  I
have many symbols for line styles that I reuse throughout a mapfile and
having to change gap values, line caps and/or patterns for each class that
uses the style will make management of the mapfiles a lot more involved.

Christy