[mapserver-dev] Re: RFC 67 - Enable/Disable Layers in OGC Web Services

paalkr paalkr77ml at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 06:00:39 EDT 2011

Hi all dev!

First of all, I'm glad to see this hiding layer issue being discussed
(again). I really support the thought from Alan bout removing the mandatory
DUMP keyword. I think an approach where OGC service support is controlled
from the metadata part of the service, or each individual layer is the way
to go.

I would like to remind everybody about earlier discussions about this hiding
layer issue:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/HidingLayersInOGCWebServices

And the INSPIRE RFC from Tom:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/INSPIRE-compliancy-A-request-for-comments-on-a-possible-RFC-td5661761.html