[mapserver-dev] MapServer 6.0.0-beta6 release

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Apr 13 19:12:46 EDT 2011

The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer
6.0.0-beta6. This is the latest beta on our way to a final 6.0 release.
Once again this beta contains several important fixes and we encourage
you to test it and continue to provide feedback.

The 6.0 release introduces important changes in key components of the
MapServer core (rendering, query and expressions), and for this reason
we count on you, MapServer power users, to help test the release in your
respective environments and provide feedback (through the users list or
Trac tickets).

If all goes well, the plan is to have a final 6.0 release around the end
of April. The full release plan which also includes the list of new
features and changes in this release is available at:
   http://mapserver.org/trunk/development/release/release-plan-6.0.html

The list of fixes since beta1 is attached at the end of this message.
For a complete list see the HISTORY.TXT file at:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/tags/rel-6-0-0-beta6/mapserver/HISTORY.TXT

We have started working on a 5.6 -> 6.0 migration guide. This document
contains important notes on backwards incompatibilities or other changes
required when upgrading to 6.0. It is not complete yet but we strongly
recommend that you review the latest version online at:

     http://mapserver.org/trunk/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html

The source for this release can be downloaded at:

     http://mapserver.org/download.html
or
     http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-6.0.0-beta6.tar.gz

The binary distributions listed in the download page should be updated
with binaries for the new beta release in the next day or so.

Once again we need your help to ensure a high quality product, so please
help out by testing your applications with this new code base.

Thanks! - The MapServer Team

Version 6.0.0-beta6 (2011-04-13)
--------------------------------

- SLD: use pixmap size when parameter size is not specified (#2305)

- fix memory leaks in mapgraticule.c (#3831)

- fix runtime sub validation against web metadata, was using wrong
lookup key

- clean up the symbolset if we've used an alternate renderer for a
   layer (#3834,#3616)

- fix crash on embeded legend with cairo raster renderer

- fix crashes in SVG renderer on polygon symbol fills (#3837)

- fix crash/corruptions with raster layers in pdf outputs (#3799)

- fix memory leak in msFreeLabelCacheSlot (#3829)

- use a circle brush for wide GD lines (#3835)

- fix segmentation fault with transparent layers containing symbols (#3834)

- fix memory leak on tiled vector polygons

- fix segfault with marker symbols on short lines (#3823)

- wms_getmap_formatlist causes first defined outputformat to be returned by
   getmap (#3826)

- fix building of mapcluster.c when OGR support is disabled

- fix some valgrind found memory leaks (offset symbols, and gd io contexts)

- skip marker symbol with no defined SYMBOL (caused some memory leaks with
   uninitialized vector points)

- fix crash in GD lines with floating point dash patterns (#3823)

- Check renderer before using it when calculating label size (#3822)

- allow palette file path to be relative to mapfile (#2115)

- use supplied offset for brushed lines (#3825, #3792)

- fix division by 0 error in bar charts for some ill-defined cases (#3218)

- add GAP, POSITION and CAPS/JOINS to mapfile writer (#3797)

- fix GEOMTRANSFORM rotation orientation for vector symbols (#3802)

- GD Driver broken in FastCGI (#3813)

- configure: look for libexslt.so under lib64 as well

- Coding style and formatting fixes (#3819, #3820, #3821, and more)

- More improvements to OpenGL error handling (#3791)

- Added WMS GetFeatureInfo RADIUS=bbox vendor-specific option (#3561)