[mapserver-dev] 6.0-beta7 today?

Lime, Steve D (DNR) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Wed Apr 20 17:17:49 EDT 2011

+1...

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Morissette
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:23 PM
To: mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [mapserver-dev] 6.0-beta7 today?

On 11-04-20 03:17 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> I was thinking of doing another beta later today (6.0.0-beta7), and to
> aim for this one to be the last beta... and to have a release candidate
> ready for next Wednesday since we can't be doing betas for ever and we
> need to get serious about wrapping up this release and moving on.

Maybe this last sentence was poorly written: I didn't mean "get serious"
in a bad way or to suggest that people/devs were not taking the release
seriously. It's actually the contrary, I am impressed by everyone's
commitment and hard work to make this release as good as possible.

I mostly meant that at some point we'll need to stop the betas and get
something out, accept that there may still be a few bugs, and that they
can be addressed in point releases in the next few weeks.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/