[mapserver-dev] MapServer 6.0.0-rc1 release

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Apr 27 22:57:02 EDT 2011

The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer
6.0.0-rc1 (release candidate 1).

The 6.0 release introduces important changes in key components of the
MapServer core (rendering, query and expressions), and for this reason
we count on you, MapServer power users, to help test the release in your
respective environments and provide feedback (through the users list or
Trac tickets).

If all goes well and no blocker issues are reported, then this release
candidate could lead us to a final 6.0.0 release next week. The full
release plan which also includes the list of new features and changes in
this release is available at:
   http://mapserver.org/trunk/development/release/release-plan-6.0.html

The list of fixes since the last beta is attached at the end of this
message. For a complete list see the HISTORY.TXT file at:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/tags/rel-6-0-0-rc1/mapserver/HISTORY.TXT

We have started working on a 5.6 -> 6.0 migration guide. This document
contains important notes on backwards incompatibilities or other changes
required when upgrading to 6.0. The latest version is available online at:

     http://mapserver.org/trunk/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html

The source for this release can be downloaded at:

     http://mapserver.org/download.html
or
     http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-6.0.0-rc1.tar.gz

The binary distributions listed in the download page should be updated
with binaries for the new beta release in the next day or so.

Once again we need your help to ensure a high quality product, so please
help out by testing your applications with this new code base.

Thanks! - The MapServer Team

Version 6.0.0-rc1 (2011-04-27)

- Fix for the styleitem handling with union layer (#3674)

- Fixed mindistance label test to check layer indexes. (#3851)

- Fixed segmentation fault in PHP/MapScript and improved the php object
   method calls (#3730)

- Fix build issue related to unnecessary use of gdal-config --dep-libs
(#3316)