[mapserver-dev] Mapserver future - road map

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Fri Dec 30 14:55:31 EST 2011

Development will continue! The pace ebbs and flows a bit as developers have time
to commit to the project and/or funding permits. There are lot's of new things in place
already or just on the horizon. MapCache, for example, is an exciting recent addition
that is available in mapserver-trunk. TinyOWS should be integrated soon as well,
further expanding functionality.

Other features just around the corner are significant enhancements to labeling, a
mod-mapserver Apache module, better SVG symbols and more. The focus is on
speed and better looking map output.

Personally I don't look at GeoServer to see what's new- I look at Mapnik and some
of the newer tiling solutions.