[mapserver-dev] Problem with WFS GET_FEATURE query, if value seems to be numeric, but data type in database is text like

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Thu Feb 10 05:45:34 EST 2011

In mapogcfilter.c, (MapServer 5.6.6 around line 2897, in trunk around line 2088), if pszTmp parses as numeric, quotes are not set in the SQL expression.
If the associated database table field is of a text type, this produces a run time error on PostgreSQL 8.4 and later, since many casts from and to text were dropped.
Analogous things happen around line 3375 (MapServer 5.6.6).
I guess, that for PostgreSQL the quotes could always be set, I do not know for other data sources. At least it works us.

Regards,

Peter Hopfgartner

R3 GIS Srl - GmbH
http://www.r3-gis.com