[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 68: Support for combining features from multiple layers (Call for discussion)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Feb 14 09:18:51 EST 2011

Hello Tamas,

This is a very interesting proposal.  I often have a hard time to
picture these changes beforehand, but I am trying to now and I have a
question: when it comes to clustering, I think a common need is also to
label the number of clustered points...and since you'll know how many
features are combined according to your proposal (I see
'Cluster:FeatureCount' mentioned in the RFC) I believe we must also
expose this clustercount in the label object.  How I am not sure, but to
me this will be a common need.  Or is this mentioned in the RFC already?

-jeff