[mapserver-dev] Motion: Adopt 6.0 release plan and enter release mode

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Feb 25 15:01:49 EST 2011

Hi Devs,

A few weeks ago we discussed a possible February 28 feature freeeze
date, but since Feb 28 is only a few days away and I'd like to leave a
bit of time for a few RFCs to be wrapped up (thinking of RFC 67, 68 and
69 at least), then I propose that we move our target feature freeze date
to Friday March 4th, and vote to make that official right away to
prevent the dates from slipping again. I also propose myself as release
manager (I kinda like that job), but don't hesitate to speak up if you'd
like to see someone else in that role instead.

That would give the following dates:

     * Feature freeze - Fri. March 4, 2011
     * 6.0.0-beta1 - Wed. March 9, 2011
     * 6.0.0-beta2 - Wed. March 16, 2011 (coincides with Montreal Code
Sprint, date may change)
     * 6.0.0-beta3 - Wed. March 23, 2011
     * 6.0.0-beta3 - Wed. March 30, 2011
     * 6.0.0-rc1 - Wed. April 6, 2011
     * 6.0.0-rc2 - Wed. April 13, 2011
     * 6.0.0 (final) - Wed. April 20, 2011

I have updated the 6.0 release plan in the wiki to reflect this proposal
at http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/60ReleasePlan

Note that the feature list in the release plan needs updating to reflect
what really made it in 6.0, but this can be done between now and the
final release.

MOTION:
***
I propose that we adopt the MapServer 6.0 release plan at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/60ReleasePlan, with a feature
freeze date of March 4, 2011, and a release date around April 20, 2011
with Daniel Morissette acting as Release Manager.
***

And I start with my +1

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/