[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 68 - Call for vote

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Feb 28 12:09:44 EST 2011

On 28/02/2011 11:41 AM, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:

> One question now that I think about this more. How do OGC services
> work in this case? Is only the “unioned” layer exposed?

I did ask myself of the same question. The quick reasoning I had was,
the user would have the ability to either expose all the layers (the
union one + the single layers) or just expose the union one and hide the
others (which make mare sense)
  From the client perspective, It has no idea if the layer is a
'unioned' one or not. It expects to be able to do the same operations on
the unioned one (draw, query spatial + attribute, styling), which I
believe this implementation will allow to do.

> Steve

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: yassefa at dmsolutions.ca