[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 68 - Call for vote

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Feb 28 15:54:07 EST 2011

On 11-02-28 12:12 PM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:

> 2011/2/28 Lime, Steve D (DNR) <Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
> <mailto:Steve.Lime at state.mn.us>>
>
>     One question now that I think about this more. How do OGC services
>     work in this case? Is only the “unioned” layer exposed?
>

> Is that something to be controlled by the implementation or it can be
> configured in a separate manner?

I agree with Assefa's suggestion that we should let the user decide if
he wants to expose all layers, or just the unioned one, and this can be
done using the new metadata introduced by RFC-67 to control which layers
are enabled/disabled for a given protocol.

So I'd say by default expose all layers in OGC services (unioned +
individual layers), and let the user control which layers to hide (if
any) using RFC-67 metadata. The grouping in the GetCapabilities can also
be controlled with the wms_layer_group metadata... so there should be
nothing special to be done for any of this in RFC-68 unless I'm mistaken.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/