[mapserver-dev] 6.0 release scheduling

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Sun Jan 16 14:18:55 EST 2011

Hi all

--------tellett <thomas.ellett at statkart.no> wrote--------
Subject: RE: Re: [mapserver-dev] 6.0 release scheduling
Date: 14.01.2011 13:55

>Hi Assefa and Peter,
>
>I've also been looking at this and as far as I know we only need to
>concern
>ourselves with the extended capabilities to be INSPIRE compliant with
>regards metadata, all other mandatory and optional elements needed and
>not
>in the current stable release are already in trunk and due to be released
>in
>6.0 (I'm thinking here of Wms_layerlimit, Wms_authorityurl_name,
>wms_authorityurl_href, wms_identifier_authority and
>wms_identifier_value).
>
>I look forward to seeing whats possible with the multi-language and
>multi-layer/geometry issue!

As far as multi-language is concerned, as I understand it, this topic could be broken up into the following items:

 * read the LANGUAGE parameter from the request
 * for the capabilities document: handle the list of available languages, the current language and the default language in the
 * for the capabilities document: handle the translations of title, descriptions and abstract
 * eventual localized maps, legend icons and infos can be handled as described in 3.2.6.3, where for each language a separate URL can e used. In the end this allows the user to handle all aspects of localizations through separate map files.