[mapserver-dev] Re: RFC for XMP metadata support

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 11:35:15 EDT 2011

Paul,
How involved would it be to set this metadata in the PNG tXMP tag
through libpng?
Going through libgdal has the inconvenience that you loose the
quantization/paletization, along with the fact that you'll be
requiring an additional write to the disk before sending to the
client.

Or maybe the xmp users are confined to non png formats, and in that
case this isn't a concern ?

--
thomas