[mapserver-dev] Documentation Question

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:42:01 EDT 2011

Question for folks. What's our position regarding multi-version support
within the documentation? For example, there were a number of syntax changes
related to logical expressions in 6.0. We could update the documentation to
reflect 6.0 "as is" with no references to how things worked in older
versions. We could also try to maintain some backwards compatibility so that
the documentation could support all versions. Doing so requires lots of
extra explanation though and makes it harder to maintain. If documentation
is version specific then that would argue for historical documentation to be
made available...

Thoughts?