[mapserver-dev] Proposal for OWS Dispatch improvement

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 7 15:13:37 EDT 2011

On 11-06-07 11:56 AM, Fabian Schindler wrote:
>    1. In msOWSDispatch, a preliminary parsing function determines the service,
>       version and the request from the KVP or XML request.

Fabian,

Your idea sounds good to me.  The only caution I will provide is I think
there were some special cases for some services treating the SERVICE
parameter as optional (perhaps WMS?) in some versions and you would need
to take care to replicate this.

We have lots of time to shake out any quirks with regard to this in trunk
before 6.2 is released.  Assuming you get positive feedback from some of
Assefa, Daniel, Tom and Steve who I think cover much of the OGC service
responsibilities then I would suggest you go ahead and prepare the patch.
Stephan can commit the changes.  I don't think an RFC is needed though
perhaps the other guys will see a need for one.