[mapserver-dev] Show of hands for ticket 3522

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Mar 17 16:58:37 EDT 2011

This is the method used to validate the URL modification of certain map file properties. So it's already in place. Actually controlling a value domain for a parameter at the layer level is quite useful. It allows for a common interface from the client-side with, plus that's how it's done now albeit with layer-level metadata. Not supporting that would be a regression... Doing the validation at the web level is the new feature...

Yes, this does handle the defaults.

Anyway, the problem I have is that you don't know which CGI parameters are candidates for substitution so you have to at least consider all of them. You could skip some that are MapServer CGI params, e.g. map or layer, but who wants to maintain that plus there might actually be a need for referencing the map file somehow. I just need to be smarter with deciding to even consider looking at a layer...