[mapserver-dev] Reminder: 6.0.0-beta3 today

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Mar 23 12:37:04 EDT 2011

On 11-03-23 12:12 PM, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> I'd prefer to wait the full week personally. I haven't had time (and won't in the next four hours) to look
> into a few issues. If a beta4 is in the cards then maybe that's not an issue.

Yes, there will be at least a beta4, and maybe even more depending on 
how things go (I still see lots of pending issues).

I tend to prefer to do betas on Wednesdays instead of Fridays since 
announcements and releases don't seem to get noticed as much at the end 
of a week as earlier in the week. It is also easier this way to get 
binary builds done soon after the release instead of just the following 
week if we release at end of week. Since some people tend to have time 
to test only during weekends, that leaves Monday/Tuesday to tackle 
issues reported during the weekend and then we're good to go for another 
beta the next Wednesday.

If waiting until end of afternoon tomorrow (Thursday) would help you get 
some important fixes in then we can wait an extra day, but I would 
prefer not to release it on Friday.

Daniel Morissette
Provider of Professional MapServer Support since 2000

More information about the mapserver-dev mailing list