[mapserver-dev] RFC 67 - Enable/Disable Layers in OGC Web Services

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Fri Mar 25 14:02:41 EDT 2011

Devs,

Currently, the DUMP keyword has to be set to allow a few OGC requests. ie. WFS
GetFeatureInfo. Since we implemented a way to Enable/Disable OGC web services,
what about removing that mandatory setting? At the same time, I would also
remove the TEMPLATE dependency to see if a layer is queryable or not. I
suppose that to see if a layer is queryable, we would have to check the
GetFeature/GetFeatureInfo in the *_enable_request?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan Boudreault