[mapserver-dev] Status of opengl support in MS 6.0

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 29 19:20:24 EDT 2011

Hi Devs,

What is the status of OpenGL support in MapServer 6.0? Has it been
tested much, or at all? Should this feature be labelled as experimental
for 6.0? Is someone planning to look after it and take ownership of
opengl tickets?

I ask this because I just fixed a compilation issue in the configure
script that made it more or less impossible to complete a build with
opengl enabled (#3769)... which made me doubt that this option had been
tested much on Linux systems. And then I tried to draw a map using the
OGL/PNG outputformat driver and I got a seg fault in msImageCreateOgl().
I'm happy to create a ticket if someone wants to look into it.

Finally, the RFC needs updating to reflect current status: it dates from
dec 2008, it has never been formally adopted AFAIK and still refers to
MS 5.4  http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-50.html

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/