[mapserver-dev] Union layer: labeling problem

Jana Golinowski jgolinowski at codematix.de
Thu May 12 04:30:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've got problems adding labels to a union layer. The source layers use
attribute from database for styling (e.g. COLOR or ANGLE). Without labels
everything is fine. But when adding labels using LABELITEM in the union layer
(TEXT inside CLASS doesn't have any effect) I get segmentation faults in
maputil.c (method bindStyle). It seems that shape->values isn't filled correctly
in this case. (Cause of the segfault is "Address [...] out of bounds".)

A temporary workaround for me is adding an EXPRESSION to the union layer
containing all attributes I use in the source layers. That causes shape->values
being filled correctly but it's quite dirty though.

Greetings, Jana.