[mapserver-dev] Plugin for ESRI File Geodatabase?Support

Lime, Steve D (DNR) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Wed May 18 10:40:56 EDT 2011

Hi all: My organization is an ESRI shop with the exception of web-mapping.  Our GIS folks are pushing towards file geodatabase as a standard which is pushing the web-mapping apps need to support it. With beta APIs available from ESRI I'm curious what thoughts folks have regarding plugin support within MapServer.

Has anyone spent time with the APIs? Any feel for performance of the format vs. shapefile or PostGIS? The platform support for the APIs seems light (no Mac, no 64-bit Linux), any idea if that might change?

A search regarding OGR support turned up very little...