[mapserver-dev] Plugin for ESRI File Geodatabase?Support

Lime, Steve D (DNR) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Wed May 18 11:01:35 EDT 2011

Looks to be Windows specific?

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Morissette
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:56 AM
To: mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [mapserver-dev] Plugin for ESRI File Geodatabase?Support

On 11-05-18 10:40 AM, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:

> Has anyone spent time with the APIs? Any feel for performance of the
> format vs. shapefile or PostGIS? The platform support for the APIs seems
> light (no Mac, no 64-bit Linux), any idea if that might change?
>
> A search regarding OGR support turned up very little...

There is a new "filegdb" driver in the GDAL/OGR SVN trunk. Docs for it
is not linked from the main site yet, but it seems that you can reach it
using the following URL:
   http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_filegdb.html

I don't know much more about it, never tried it myself... but I agree
that FGDB support in MapServer is something we need, either directly as
a plugin, or via OGR.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/