[mapserver-dev] Call for vote on RFC 78

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 16 21:50:13 EST 2011

On 11-11-16 09:32 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> On 11/16/2011 9:01 PM, Alan Boudreault wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to call for a vote on RFC 78 - Vector Field Rendering.
>>
>> http://mapserver.org/trunk/en/development/rfc/ms-rfc-78.html
>>
>> I start with my +1.

Alan,

Let's first give a chance to everyone to review and comment on the RFC
for a couple of days before calling for a vote. There may be edits
required as a result of the comments/feedback that would require that we
restart the vote anyway.

> What if any are the issues related to supporting queries?
>
> I think the RFC is excellent as far as it goes, but I have a minor
> concern that we are only partially implementing a layer's functionality.
> I do realize that this is likely because the funding only requires the
> support of visualization.

That's right, the current funding/requirements are only for the display
aspects, but the proposed approach should allow us to support queries
when time comes, so it's not as if we didn't think about it, but we just
can't commit to doing it at this point.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/