[mapserver-dev] Call for vote on RFC 78

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Nov 17 10:21:32 EST 2011

Daniel,

   Makes sense.  As Steve W. points out, it could be done on angles by
averaging the components so you may want to at least keep it in mind for
a future enhancement when doing the implementation.

   Looking at the FTP site I listed, I see that the U/V components are
available for wind, but in separate files: nww3.UGRD.grb, nww3.VGRD.grb
(with 61 bands per file, one band per 3 hr forecast) .  Would it be
possible to adjust the DATA object to allow for such a situation?
Something like:

DATA nww3.UGRD.grb:1, nww3.VGRD.grb:1

with the ":1" indicating the band to use.

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser