[mapserver-dev] How to use MAXSCALEDENOM and MINSCALEDENOM ?

jcbpro81 jean.christophe.bastin at projections.be
Tue Oct 11 06:46:56 EDT 2011

Hello,

I spent many hours to understand how to setup zoomlayering on my map, but I
don't get anywhere...
I know I have to use MAXSCALEDENOM and MINSCALEDENOM (or MAXSCALE and
MINSCALE depending of MapServer version).
I suppose I have to set my layer to STATUS ON...

Here is a part of my map file (parameters <...> are replaced in runtime, and
I'm sure all works well because the map shows well without MIN/MAXSCALE) :

MAP

        SYMBOLSET "symbols.sym"
        NAME <MAPNAME>
        EXTENT <EXT_MINX> <EXT_MINY> <EXT_MAXX> <EXT_MAXY>
        SIZE <MAPWIDTH> <MAPHEIGHT>
        IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
        IMAGETYPE PNG
        PROJECTION
                "init=epsg:<MAPEPSG>"
        END
        UNITS meters

        LAYER
                CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
                NAME nis9
                CONNECTION "user=<USERNAME> password=<PASSWORD>
dbname=<DATABASE> host=<HOST>"
                 DATA "the_geom from nis9 using unique oid using
srid=<MAPEPSG>"
                 STATUS ON
                TYPE POLYGON
                PROJECTION
                        "init=epsg:<MAPEPSG>"
                END
                MINSCALE 0
                MAXSCALE 100000
                CLASS
                        STYLE
                                OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
                                COLOR 255 255 255
                        END
                END
                TRANSPARENCY 50
                PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
        END

END

I tried with different values : 1000000, 100000, 10000, 1000... The layer
never shows !
Am I missing a parameter ?
What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for any help...