[mapserver-dev] grid and python mapscript - missing ?

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:39:58 EDT 2011

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't see any other responses...
You're correct. I see in mapserver.h that the grid object is hidden
from SWIG. I think that's because of the way a graticuleObj manifests
itself in a layer. It's only there (via layer->layerinfo) if GRID is
present at the time the mapfile is processed. Hmmm...

I'm wondering then if you work through the
layer->updateFromString(gridText) where gridText contains the
appropriate mapfile snippet. Is that sufficient?

There may be other alternatives such as exposing the graticuleObj to
SWIG and then adding a method like layer->getGrid().

Steve