[mapserver-dev] Runtime Substitution bug

Nicolas BOUTET nicolas.boutet at geosys.com
Thu Sep 15 12:07:15 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using MapServer 6.0.1 in conjunction with GDAL 1.8 (Tamas binaries) with
IIS 7.5, and I get an issue while using runtime substitution.

I have a LAYER where the data source if defined like this :

                               CONNECTIONTYPE         OGR

                               CONNECTION
"OCI:./.. at gti5500"

                               DATA "SELECT idblock, entitiesMbr

                                               FROM block

                                               WHERE idblock = %idBlock% "

Please note that there is a space character at the end of the SQL statement,
after the variable to substitute.

All is working fine while the space is still here.

If I remove it, I get an Error 500 from the Server and the Windows
Application logs register an error in the MSVCR100.dll module.

Of course, the layer contains also a validation block like this:

                                VALIDATION

                                               idblock

                               END

It seems that this is a bug in variable substitution. Can you confirm this?
Have you already observe this kind of issue?

Regards

Nicolas