[mapserver-dev] RFC84 call for vote: migrate from svn/trac to git/github

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:27:45 EDT 2012

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/docs/en/development/rfc/ms-rfc-84.txt

I have updated the RFC with the discussion related to ticket history
(which can be nearly seamlessly imported), and removed the option of
continuing using the current trac instance.

The target result can be found here: https://github.com/mapserver
(still missing the msautotest and tinyows repos, and with a temporary
ms-import one)

Given that the discussion around this RFC has happened and that most
of the reluctances have been sorted out, I would like to call for a
vote on this. In case of success, trac and svn would need to be
freezed, and we could be up and running on github by the end of the
week.

I'll start with my +1

regards,
thomas