[mapserver-dev] RFC84 call for vote: migrate from svn/trac to git/github

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:23:11 EDT 2012

I don't have an easy answer for those points.

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 18:45, Lime, Steve D (DNR)
<Steve.Lime at state.mn.us> wrote:
> Regarding the inconveniences:
>
>  - How to handle private security tickets? In all likelihood we will need this capability. Fall back to OSGeo trac instance until a public ticket can be created?
That could be an option, although I don't know if we can freeze all
but actual "seccurity - private
" component in trac. Other options boil down to hosting a private
issue tracker somewhere else. I doubt github will some day give the
option to mark a bug private in a public repository, otherwise anyone
could start using their issue tracker privately.

>  - Image attachments. Can/should we specify a standard approach, a mapserver-specific collection point?
I have no long term solution for this one, as image hosts tend to die
or delete images after a period of inactivity. For the active lifetime
of the bugreport, I think there are many online hosters that will do.

> On the githup side how does my github user (sdlime) get associated with "Steve Lime" in the repository?
The match is done through your email address, which I got from our
COMMITERS file or manually looked up for the doc contributors that
aren't listed in that file. Note for Alan and maybe others: if you are
signed up to github with a different email address than the one in
COMMITERS, you can add multiple email adresses to your github account.
This is actually only usefull if you want your userid to be clickable
in the imported commit logs, the ones done directly through github
will be ok.

--
thomas