[mapserver-dev] Storing multiple output formats in mapfiles

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 04:21:39 EDT 2012

Hi Devs,

We would like to store multiple outputformat entries for the same driver in
the mapfiles. However when using the save option the writer does not allow
saving formats for the same driver as what have been referenced by the
imagetype setting. The related code now looks like this:

for(i=0; i<map->numoutputformats; i++) {
    if(map->outputformatlist[i]->inmapfile == MS_TRUE &&
strcmp(map->outputformatlist[i]->driver, map->outputformat->driver) != 0)
      writeOutputformatobject(stream, indent, map->outputformatlist[i]);
  }

Do we have any compelling reason to work this way or we can safely remove
this check from writeOutputformat?

Best regards,

Tamas