[mapserver-dev] TinyOWS

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Apr 27 07:56:38 EDT 2012

On 12-04-27 6:33 AM, Thomas Gratier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Maybe git submodules is the way to have only one place for files
> http://progit.org/book/ch6-6.html
> http://book.git-scm.com/5_submodules.html

I reviewed git 'submodules' a few days ago, as a possible method to
replace the use of svn:externals, specifically to use the master
MIGRATION_GUIDE document inside the docs repository as well.

After much examination and thought, I decided against it; solely from
the many complaints I received from devs regarding the external.  With a
submodule the users will each have to execute another command to update
the submodule (if I remember correctly).

Therefore I chose a simple copy of the file.  Not fancy, but potential
contributors don't need to run extra commands.

I am open to listening to other thoughts on this.

-jeff