[mapserver-dev] Spatialite on TinyOWS

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Tue Aug 21 06:51:38 PDT 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 10:44 AM, Andrea Peri wrote:

Andrea,

> I see the next release of mapserver will use the TinyOWS as its main wfs engine.
> But I notice actually the TinyOWS will work only with postgis.

TinyOWS will be packaged in MapServer Suite, to bring WFS-T support.
But MapServer WFS Basic support will still remains.

So there's no feature regression...

> I understand it cannot work easily with formats like shapefile because the WFS-T need more sophisticated back-end,
> but there is some plan to add the spatialite to the tinyows data input formats ?

Nothing is planned right now,
even if it an applicable patch to do so would be warmly welcome !
(And obviously funding, to implement it too).

--
Olivier