[mapserver-dev] Heads up, RFC 77 code committed...

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:38:26 EST 2012

I'm still heavily working on the labels and labelcache to add the
leader line stuff, so the syntax might still evolve a bit, We'll do
the documentation push and rfc updates once things have stabilized a
bit.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 23:03, Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH
<Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil> wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> The syntax to do the complex symbolization is here
>
> http://pastebin.com/9B4fkm5t

The gist of it is there: a class can have multiple labels, each with
their own expression and min/max scale filtering, and with label
styles to render non textual symbology. The labelcache code checks if
the group of labels can be rendered without collisions (for the time
being it's an "all or nothing" approach, a later step will be to allow
rendering a partial label group)

--
thomas