[mapserver-dev] python mapscript compile causes error

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Tue Feb 28 11:32:48 EST 2012

Hi list,

I did my own compile of mapscript after some modifications in
mapogcsld.c file, and if the things went well, I ran into two similar
errors provided by mapscript.py but not directly connected to the
modifications I've made.

On lines 823 and 1371, instead of having __init__(self, *args) like in
mapscript genuine version, there was respectively :
def __init__(self, layer = None):
and
def __init__(self, map = None):
which caused following lines using args to raise an exception.
I don't understand why it occured (maybe swig configuration or whatever)
and would appreciate any clue about this.

Best regards

Guillaume