[mapserver-dev] Installing multiple versions of MapServer

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jul 2 08:21:07 PDT 2012

I thought that the library was versioned and that the executables
requested the specific library by version. Is this not the case?

If it is the case, then you should be able to install multiple versions
assuming that all executables of a given version can use the same
library, and just rename the executables to unique names.

A related question, might be is it possible to add a configure switch to
change libtool behavior to link the libraries statically into the
executable. I know you can do this with other projects, but I do not
have a reference project handy to point you to. But a quick google of
"libtools static linking" looks like it has some promising links.

-Steve W