[mapserver-dev] Force the switch on of a layer on the request of another layer

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:46:45 PDT 2012

Hi,

I need to "switch on" a layer when another layer is switch with a wms
request from an user.

Actually mapserver allow the "requires" element.
This is complementary to my need.
Infact "requires" don't allow the switch on of a layer if the request
thereisn't another layer (as declared from the requires clause).
Instead I need an action that force the switch-on of a specific layer when
another layer is requested in a wms-request.

An example:

In the Map there is two layer: Layer-A and Layer-B
and the Layer-A and Layer-B are related with the "requires" tag.

On a wms-request as this:

..&Layers=Layer-A"

will produce an empty map.

Instead a request like
..&Layers=Layer-A,Layer-B"

will produce a map with LayerA+Layer-B.

Instead I guess this new element should be relate Layer-A and Layer-B
so that when the user will do a request like this:

..&Layers=Layer-A"

The map produced will be:

Layer-A+Layer-B

--