[mapserver-dev] 6.2 release

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jun 19 06:15:33 PDT 2012

There was a mention of a
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/62ReleasePlan a little while
ago but the document is currently empty. Was it moved somewhere else?

Are we still planning to have a feature freeze followed by 4-6 weeks of
betas and eventually release candidate(s) as we used to? (I think we
should in order to get as much testing by users as possible, even if I
think someone said that feature freeze has a slightly different meaning
in the git world)

If yes then should 4011 really be holding the feature freeze and betas
since it really is a fix and not a new feature?

Daniel

On 12-06-19 6:37 AM, thomas bonfort wrote:
> devs,
>
> It's been more than two months now that we are holding back on the 6.2
> release plan, mainly/only because of #4011 AFAICT. Alan, Steve, can we
> other devs can help out on this one? Can you give us an estimate on
> how much time is still needed before it can be resolved?
>
> thanks,
> thomas
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM, thomas bonfort
> <thomas.bonfort at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> Are there any outstanding new features or bugs that prevent us from
>> beginning the 6.2 release cycle? If not, I will formalize a release
>> plan in the coming days.
>> Given the transition to git, I propose to take the lead on this
>> release in order to:
>> - update our branching workflow
>> - update our guidelines as to where bugfixes should be committed
>> - update the tarball-making tasks
>>
>> cheers,
>> thomas

Daniel Morissette