[mapserver-dev] move to github ?

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 04:49:30 PDT 2012

Given Daniel's last email and subsequent discussions on IRC, I am not
under the impression that consensus has been reached on the issue. I
am therefore reluctant to call for a vote on the transition as I
believe it is a sufficiently impacting change that this consensus
should be reached beforehand.

Supposing the rfc passes with a move to github, wether existing
tickets are imported or not, I have the scripts necessary to migrate
ready, and would only need the couple of devs who don't have a github
account yet to create one so that commits can be matched to them.
Staying on osgeo trac would take longer as the trac instance needs to
be upgraded, and I suspect that plugging git in with the different
osgeo ldap groups is going to be problematic.

regards,
thomas