[mapserver-dev] RPMs from trunk

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Tue May 22 07:52:28 EDT 2012

Thanks Stephan. Note that the guys from EnterpriseLinux might be able to
help you on this. They have already begin some work:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/el/2012-May/000959.html

For the spec file... I think there are differences between the
distributions. ie. OpenSuse, CentOS, RedHat, and other Enterprise Linux.
I have in mind the dependencies.

Alan

On 12-04-20 10:34 AM, Stephan Meißl wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> not being an expert I've put some effort to generate RPMs for CentOS
> from current trunk. I partially succeeded to update the spec file to the
> new build procedure (see attached). Note that I did not manage to build
> PHP packages and that I had to disable this
> check: /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
>
> Anyway, maybe this can be of some help to the MapServer RPM maintainers.
>
> Question to all: What do you think about adding build files (spec file
> for RPM) to the repository for reference?
>
> The pull request 4289 [1] includes some changes that where necessary
> along the way. Thanks for review and any comments. If there are no
> objections I'll merge it next week.
>
> @Thomas: I hope I'm using git and gitgut as intended?
>
> cu
> Stephan