[mapserver-dev] the state of msautotest

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Sep 12 05:53:02 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 12.09.2012, at 14:30, Stephan Meißl wrote:
> Meanwhile I had a look at Travis-CI and its features like direct GitHub
> integration, continuous integration even on pull requests, hosting, etc.
> look quite promising. We already started to have a more closer look at
> it using our fork. We'll keep you informed who thinks are progressing.

Travis CI is great. You get a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 VM with full root access for each test. So it should handle even complex build requirements. They have a limit of 20 minutes, though. I just set it up for MapProxy after they announced the new pull request feature[1] and it was quite easy.

If you want to setup your own server, I would recommend Jenkins[2]. It is written in Java but you can get a .jar file that also contains a webserver. There are tons of plugins for Jenkins and I bet there will be something similar to the Travis-CI Pull Request integration in the next few weeks/month.

[1] https://github.com/blog/1227-commit-status-api
[2] http://jenkins-ci.org/

Regards,
Oliver