[mapserver-dev] the state of msautotest

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Sep 14 07:31:06 PDT 2012

On 12-09-14 11:24 AM, thomas bonfort wrote:
> Once we've ironed things out, you are correct the docs will need
> updating a bit. However, aside from updating obsolete expected
> results, the autotest suite itself hasn't changed at all, it can (and
> should :) ) be run completely independently from travis.ybe

Maybe a wiki page is needed, to explain the current VM setup (in case
either of you are away and someone else needs to modify).  Something
like http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MapServer_at_AdhocVM

> To summarize, travis-ci is just an ubuntu vm where we build mapserver
> and run the autotests on the freshly compiled version. It's strength
> is that it is run automatically at each commit, so we can know
> immediately which commit broke which feature and act upon it
> accordingly. The integration with pull-requests also shows you
> immediately if a proposed pull request will break the build before
> applying it.

Ah ok.  I guess I tried to understand a "dashboard"-type page you
pointed to, with lots of colors, and couldn't understand what the
messages meant.  I suppose that wiki page would be helpful.

-jeff