[mapserver-dev] Request for review/comments on RFC 85 (Contour Layer Rendering)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Sep 20 10:37:14 PDT 2012

Hi Alan,

Very cool.  My immediate thoughts are wondering how this is done in
terms of Units - I suppose if this layer is to be reprojected to an
output projection on the fly, then your contour code would call
GDALContourGenerate on the projected dem...and the user would specify an
interval in the output units.  (seems like lots of heavy processing to
me on the fly) Or is my logic off?  Probably :)

-jeff