[mapserver-dev] Indic rendering support in Mapserver

Nandaja Varma nandaja.varma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:48:28 PDT 2013

Hello,

About 5 years ago, an issue was raised on github about the lacking indic
rendering support  in mapserver. Reading the thread I could see that the
issue hasn't been cleared yet. Integrating harfbuzz can be a fix for this
issue. Integration of harfbuzz in mapserver has also been discussed in some
other issues like:
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4255#issuecomment-5830966 and
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/4044#issuecomment-4944478. I
would like to know the feasibility of  this harfbuzz integration in
mapserver  idea and would like a lead on this idea with which I can start
contributing. Any help would be highly appreciated.

P.S. : I am planning to do this as my GSoC project this year for the
organisation SMC (http://smc.org.in).
--
Regards,
Nandaja Varma