[mapserver-dev] MapServer 6.4 beta2 released

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 08:27:23 PDT 2013

The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer
6.4.0 beta2. This is the second beta on our way to a final 6.4 release,
and contains several fixes that we encourage you to test. Due to a
conflict between MapServer's and OGR's usage of the GEOS library,
we now require that at least version 3.1.0 of GEOS be used if needed.

We currently have no blocking issues, so depending on this feedback
phase our next release might hopefully be a RC.

The changelog since beta1 can be consulted here:

http://mapserver.org/development/changelog/changelog-6-4.html#changelog-6-4-beta2

The source for this release can be downloaded at:

   http://mapserver.org/download.html
or
   http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-6.4.0-beta2.tar.gz

The binary distributions listed in the download page should be updated
with binaries for the new 6.4.0-beta2 release in the next couple of days.

Once again we need your help to ensure a high quality product, so
please help out by testing your applications with this new code base.

Thanks! - The MapServer Team