[mapserver-dev] New ScribeUI 0.2 Release

Jessica Lapointe jlapointe at mapgears.com
Fri Aug 30 13:37:07 PDT 2013

Hi list,

ScribeUI is a tool meant to help the editing and management of mapfiles,
supporting Scribe and Standard mapfile syntax, and also basemaps in the
near future. I am currently developing this tool as a Google Summer of Code
project.

The GSoC is well advanced, and I am very pleased to announce this new
release. The main goal of this version is to provide a better experience
when editing scribe syntax.

Please keep in mind that a lot of bugs remain, any feedback is welcome,
should it be new feature ideas, general comments or bug reports.

*What's New?*

   - A new scribe.py file was integrated. This allows for much better error
   messages in the logs when a scribe syntax error is done (mismatching
   brackets, missing colons etc.)
   - The group management (opening, adding, deleting and re-ordering) was
   redone for scribe maps, as to comply with the new scribe files.
   - Version 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 were released in the meantime, as to fix some
   installation instructions and a url/trailing slash problem.

*Updating and Migrating the Workspaces*

If you are updating your ScribeUI version, please refer to the updating
instructions in the readme file.
<https://github.com/mapgears/scribeui>This is very important in order
to keep your current scribe maps working
well.

*Download*

ScribeUI and its installation instructions are available on github:
https://github.com/mapgears/scribeui<https://github.com/mapgears/scribeui/issues>

To get ScribeUI 0.2, you can clone the repo on github and checkout v0.2 or
you can download an archive:
https://github.com/mapgears/scribeui/releases/tag/v0.2

Bug reports can be made on github: https://github.com/mapgears/scribeui
/issues